POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My 1st Image - In Progress (66kb) : My 1st Image - In Progress (66kb) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 22:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  My 1st Image - In Progress (66kb)
From: Cris Williams
Date: 12 Oct 2000 12:41:49
Message: <39e5e9cd@news.povray.org>
I have attached my first attempt at raytracing and would appreciate any
suggestions that you might have.  It's not finished yet as there are a few
obvious fixes to make.  I need to move the ends of the red, white and blue
rings back so they aren't so close to the big "WBD" and I need to adjust the
MVC and BSA lettering on the bottom.  I will also be adding some lettering
around the outside of the logo once I figure out how.  :-)

This logo will be replacing a logo I did in PSP 6.  The old logo can be seen
at www.wbd-bsa.org.  I would like to make the new logo as realistic as
possible.  The scene was modeled in Moray except for the beveled "WBD",
which was done using Elefont and then imported into Moray as a UDO.  I am
using 6 point lights to illuminate the scene, but only I have only 2 of them
casting shadows because otherwise the "casting" texture on the logo gets
completely washed out.  Please be brutally honest with your opinions and
suggestions - you won't hurt my feelings!

Thanks,

Cris

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: